aa

16 August 2011

By The Great Horn Spoon by Sid Fleischman

It's 1849 and Gold Rush is in full force.
Master Jack sets out in search of his share of fortune. The family's butler soon follows in search of HIM! Then Jack's sister follows too!


By the Great Horn Spoon!
This book was a delight for our children and me.I wasn't even aware of the book until we reached it in our homeschooling (Sonlight Curriculum)

We already owned the Disney film adaptation and we love it too Good clean family fun. The book is slightly more mature but not overly so. It's one of those films that I enjoy sitting down and watching with the kids every now and then. I am a fan of Roddy McDowall and the lovely Suzanne Pleshette. Karl Malden also makes an appearance. I tend to enjoy well written juvenile fiction. If you are looking for a fun read-aloud, this could be it!

The Adventures of Bullwhip Griffin












No comments:

Post a Comment

free counters