aa

02 November 2010

How to Raise the Perfect Dog: Through Puppyhood and Beyond by Cesar Millan

This is a book that only certain readers will read as it pertains directly to the ownership of a puppy. A friend recommened it to me as she knew we were in the process of selecting and bringing one home.

This book is very insightful. Cesar looks at nearly all aspects of having a young puppy enter your life. He attempts to equip you for the experience.


Our younger sons and I began watching the first season of his television series as I began reading this book. I have now finished watching the first season, along with having finished this book. We enjoy the series.

It is our hope that we will use much of Cesar's wisdom to mold our young pup into a well-adjusted, happy, well-behaved family pet. I am finding that I am a much better pet owner this time; better at caring for the pet, as well as better at guiding it toward proper and acceptable behaviour. My husband has commented that out of all seven people in our family, that I am doing the best and not sending any mixed messages to our young whelp.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who is thinking about or has just purchased a puppy. I recalled pet ownership as not being a walk on Easy Street. It is very similar to parenting. This book, though, arms the reader and causes one to think about things before experiencing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

free counters