aa

21 July 2010

So, why did I choose the name for my site?

Online I often use the screen name TogetherForGood. I derived it from my favourite passage in the King James Bible:
Romans 8:28-30


28And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.


29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.


30Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.


 
From that I further derived the domain name for my blog which is http://www.boundtogetherforgood.blogspot.com/.
"Boundtogether" comes from the fact that books have bindings.
 
Finally, my blog's title is "Not Now...I'm Reading".   I really only chose this in jest. I do read a lot. But I also make an effort not to allow it to interfere in my relationships. A person who can not relate to other people is going to be lost and lonely, even if they can escape into good books. Being alone to do things such as reading at times, however, is not the same as being lonely. And for that I am glad! Actually, I am not bothered by much as I read. I am sure it is in part because I am a mom.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Welcome to the blogosphere - I love your choice of blog name, that's one of my favourite passages too. My absolute favourite is 2 Corinthians 12:9, so perhaps I should have gone with GraceIsSufficient for my blog name!

    ReplyDelete

free counters