aa

01 September 2017

Faith Bass Darling’s Last Garage Sale by Lynda Rutledge


We vacationed in August and I had a very good month of reading!



I always tell people that I rarely reread books, but I've been rereading a lot recently, and so my happiness is to be expected, since I'm rereading books that I previously enjoyed. You'll see my reviews reflect the weight of most of these being old favorites.



I read 7 books; 4 were rereads, 3 were new to me.



I’ll post my reviews separately.

Faith Bass Darling’s Last Garage Sale
by Lynda Rutledge
4*

A reliable friend recommended this book to me when I was seeking a humorous book to read. I continued to wonder why for quite a long time. Stick with it; there is a punch line.

Set in Texas on New Year's Eve of 1999, this book explores the long-standing broken relationship between a mother and daughter. Relationships are mended, and restarted as a mysterious set of events unravels alongside the mind of the sundowning matriarch of the Bass family.
I like to imagine books as movies, and I enjoy playing casting director. For this cast of
characters I would pick Diane Lane to play Claudia Darling, Dulé Hill as John Jasper Johnson, and Dina Spybey-Waters as Bobbie Ann Blankenship. Faith Darling would obviously be played by Cloris Leachman.
A friend just told me that this IS being made into a movie; I can't wait to see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

free counters